|Photos and Text by Eric M. Appleman.
Copyright © 2011 Eric M. Appleman/Democracy in Action.
Contact Democracy in Action with details of events of interest.
Important Navigational Note: Clicking on the top bar in any of the photo
pages will return you to this page or the main page of a photo series,
and the bar at the top of this page will return you to the home page.
- Dec. 8, 2011 - Former Gov. Jon Huntsman (R-UT)
delivers major speech on restoring trust.
- Dec. 7, 2011 - Republican Jewish Coalition 2012 Presidential Candidates Forum.
- Dec. 7, 2011 - Occupy Movement: "Take Back the Capitol" week.
2011 - The Occupy Washington
encampment at McPherson Square.
- Nov. 4, 2011 - Former Gov. Mitt Romney (R-MA) and Herman Cain speak at Americans for
Prosperity Foundation's "Defending the American Dream Summit."
- Oct. 31, 2011 - Herman Cain discusses the 9-9-9 plan
at AEI and addresses the National Press Club luncheon.
- Oct. 29, 2011 - Coffee Party USA "Enough Is Enough:
Citizens Intervention" including former
- Oct. 25, 2011 - Former Gov. Jon Huntsman (R-UT) speaks
7-9, 2011 - Values Voter Summit.
22-24, 2011 - Sunshine
Presidency 5 and related events.
- Sept. 12, 2011 - Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (R-MI)
announces "Save Social Security Act."
- Sept. 1, 2011 - Former Gov. Buddy Roemer (R-LA)
announces jobs plan in front of the Chinese Embassy.
- Aug. 30, 2011 - Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich
holds an open house at his campaign headquarters in Arlington, VA.
- Aug. 11-15,
2011 - Hawkeye
- July 27, 2011 - Back and forth on
debt ceiling continues...Tea Party
activists "Hold the Line" rally,
- July 23, 2011 - DNC Rules and Bylaws Committee
considers delegate selection plans.
- July 16, 2011 - Obama for America's "National Day of
- July 10, 2011 - Former Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R-MN)
speaks to reporters after appearing on NBC News' "Meet the Press."
- July 6, 2011 - President Barack Obama holds a
Twitter Town Hall.
- July 4,
2011 - Obama volunteers
sign up supporters.
- June 21, 2011 - Outside the Beltway. Former Gov. Jon Huntsman (R-UT) announces his candidacy at Liberty State Park, NJ.
- June 9-15,
2011 - Granite
2011 - Faith & Freedom
Coalition Conference and Strategy Briefing.
- May 25, 2011 - Former Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R-MN)
speaks at the Cato Institute.
- May 22, 2011 - Former Speaker Newt Gingrich speaks
to reporters after appearing on CBS News' "Face the Nation."
- May 9, 2011
- Tea Party activists press
House Republicans on debt ceiling.
- May 4, 2011
- DNC elects Rep. Debbie Wasserman
Schultz (FL-20) as chair.
- May 4, 2011 - Gov. Mitch Daniels (R-IN) speaks at GW.
27-May 1, 2011 - Granite State
25, 2011 - White House Easter Egg
- April 6,
2011 - Americans for Prosperity
Cut Spending Now Rally on Capitol Hill.
- March 31,
2011 - Tea Party Patriots
Continuing Revolution Rally on Capitol Hill.
23, 2011 - First in. At the Federal Election Commission Fred Karger files to run for
18, 2011 - Former Speaker Newt
Gingrich participates in a panel on "Obamacare, America's Side
- March 15,
2011 - Herman Cain appears
at the Heritage Foundation's Bloggers Briefing.
14, 2011 - President Barack Obama
calls for reform of No Child Left Behind at Kenmore Middle School in
- Feb. 27, 2011 - Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ) arrives
at CBS News.
- Feb. 26, 2011 - Progressives rally in support of
Wisconsin public sector workers.
- Feb. 25-26, 2011 - DNC Winter Meeting.
- Feb. 24, 2011 - Former Gov. Mike Huckabee launches
"A Simple Government."
- Feb. 22, 2011 - National Popular Vote brings on Tom
Golisano as spokesman.
2011 - 38th Annual Conservative
Political Action Conference.
8, 2011 - Tea Party Express Town
Hall at the National Press Club.
- Feb. 1, 2011 - Dean/Gringrich debate at
The George Washington University.
- Jan. 24, 2011 - March for Life rally on the Mall.
- Jan. 20, 2011 - Pro-life activist Randall Terry announces his campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination in front of the Holocaust Museum.
2011 - President Barack Obama
welcomes President Hu Jintao of China to the White House. Plus... Views from the other side
of the fence.
- Jan. 18, 2011 - Rep. Steve King (R-IA) and other Members of Congress accept healthcare act repeal petitions.
- Jan. 14, 2011 - RNC elects Reince Priebus chairman.
- Jan. 13, 2011 - Former Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R-MN) at the National Press Club and later at The George Washington University.
- Photos 2009-10